Monday, April 27, 2009

Secretary's Day 2009

Wow, last Wednesday was Secretary's Day 2009!

I worked as a Personal Assistant for some time in my previous life and I don't ever remember celebrating this wonderful event... I am assuming that it was because the boss didn't know that Secretary's Day, or "Administrative Professionals' Day" (the politically correct title) was an official day on the celebration calendar!

Well, I hope that is why it wasn't celebrated!

So, you may be wondering how a boss would show their recognition of a job well done for these "Administrative Professionals". According to some sites, flowers, chocolates and stationary are socially acceptable as are clocks and other timepieces (watches maybe?).

Now, I don't know about you, but if I ever received a clock or watch from my boss, I wouldn't be thinking about them appreciating all my hard work, but maybe a subtle hint that I should get to work a bit earlier?

It wouldn't be hard to think of what I would have liked for this day, if my boss knew about it... a Chocolate Bouquet would have been one of them... Or even one of my Living Vases ...

I would love to hear if you have ever received a gift to celebrate "Administrative Professionals' Day" or even Secretary's Day.

Drop me a line and tell me all about it! In the meantime, I hope you had a fabulous "Administrative Professionals' Day" all you lovely, hard working office professionals!

Kirsty

No comments: